Thursday, March 02, 2006

My lips move, but you can't hear what I'm saying

Starting this afternoon, all the IT leadership of my company meets to hear key messages for the year and network. I won't have any problem hearing the messages, but the networking piece will be a challenge since I have laryngitis. Although I wouldn't say my throat is "comfortably numb," at least it doesn't hurt. I just can't talk, which many that know me will undoubtedly find humorous.

As big a proponent as I am of collaborative technologies that help span geographic distances between people, in my view they are adjuncts to physical interaction, not a replacement for it. We'll see how well I can take advantage of this opportunity with my current physical limitation. Networking with laryngitis is like walking on a sprained ankle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home