Friday, March 10, 2006

hearing from strangers

A friend of mine was a realtor for awhile in the 1990s. Seeing the end of that business coming fast, he has long since moved on. I can still recall this funny greeting on his business cell though:

Hi. I'm in at the moment. But if you would like to
leave a message, I'll return your call when I'm out.

Ha! Sometimes we'd call and just laugh into the phone. He kept the answering machine in the trunk of his car. What a nut case, I can remember thinking ...

My, how times have changed. We have been using Skype at home for 2+ years now - no biggie - I still can't get the wife to agree to total abandonment of the old Bell system. (I'll save that rant for another day). However, for the last few months I've been playing with SAM and Kish and now, dear friends, big changes really are afoot.

Have you experimented with these things yet? Virtual voice mail is free and easy to setup, ripping yet another giant tear in the space-time continuum. Outrageously useful and fun.

But is it secure? Probably not perfect yet, but much good work is being done. That's what got me started on this investigation in the first place. This week I'm playing with VOMIT. Did I just say that? I'll let you know what comes up ... er, so to speak.

1 Comments:

Blogger Guy said...

March 16th, 2006

Wow, excellent reading !!

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-spam-02.txt

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home