Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The value of TiVo

I love my TiVo, even though I don't watch much TV. I have season passes for maybe five shows that I watch on regular basis, and those aren't on every week.

Where TiVo really shines is watching sports. I can set up season passes for the teams I care about. I can watch a football game in less than half the scheduled time with a much greater level of enjoyment.

However, I don't think I've ever read about the best thing about TiVo -- the disgust pause. Let's say you are watching something you care passionately about, like the Missouri-Kansas game Monday night. Let's say your team is down nine with about a minute left. Instead of stalking off in disgust and missing the incredible comeback victory, you hit pause, chill, and don't miss a thing.

Priceless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Theresa said...

Hehehe - disgust pause. nice phrase. have you tried adding it to wikipedia? can we create whole new words via wikipedia?

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

start creating
jess

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home