Monday, January 09, 2006

My new role

Over the holidays, I transitioned from being an IT Architect to being a Business Analyst. To me, the roles are opposite sides of the same coin. Instead of being focused on applying a relatively narrow swath of technology across the enterprise, I am applying the full spectrum of new technology in response to the needs of one business unit.

I am excited about the opportunity to be more business focused and to be able to move more quickly. It has to be easier to convince one business unit to do something than fourteen.

In response to my new job and Guy's nudging, I have broadened our charge some, as reflected in the new tagline. However, implementing and using collaborative technologies will be a key to the success of my business unit. Appropriately securing these tools while facilitating their use is still important. While the edges may become more diffuse, the core will remain. Which is just how things are for business today, as the so-called perimeter gets ever fuzzier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home