Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Screencasting: an evolution

Well, an evolution in my thought at least. Jon has been experimenting with these (and other uses of streaming)for a while, I didn't find many of his earlier screencast attempts to be particularly illuminating. However, his heavy metal umlaut screencast really gives you a sense of how a Wikipedia article evolves over time, including rude defacements and the incredibly rapid repair of those defacements. You see that the defacement repair is like swatting at a gnat: a minor distraction while you continue to focus on the matter at hand.

The brief desktop search screencast I referenced previously is another example of effective use. I can see using this technique to demonstrate hard to grok concepts such as blogging and feeds. I can see others using it for training. I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of now, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home