Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Off topic melange

This is a random mix of stuff with tenuous ties to collaboration.

Are you a lark or an owl? I'm definitely more of an owl. Mornings are not my best time. Learn more about sleep patterns. It's interesting the impact that electricity has had. From a collaboration perspective, it's wise to consider when your various team members are at their best when you plan meetings and the like. Different sleep patterns and time zones also point to the importance of asynchronous tools.

I got an XM radio for Christmas, and it is totally cool. I was able to install it myself no problem. I'm sure a professional installation would look better, but mine works for me. I had rebelled against the idea of paying for radio service, but it is somehow different when Santa brings it, even if it ultimately comes out of the same pot of funds. I have 30 presets, and I filled them all easily. Commercial terrestial radio has gotten so crappy in this country. The difference is astounding. The exception that proves the rule: WZEW in Mobile. Their current tag line is "true rock variety." I much prefer their old one: gumbo rock and creole soul. In this age of sameness, it remains unique. Tenuous collaboration tie: even with cool tools, you still have to drive to meet face-to-face in this world. XM makes the ride more pleasant.

There's more, but now that I'm really awake, it's time to get cranking on the on-topic stuff that gets me my paycheck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home