Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Liz sells out?

Liz is now one of the Marqui bloggers. Potentially misleading title of this post notwithstanding, I don't have any problem with this. She is clearly identifying her affiliation and the posts that are sponsored. When she writes about Marqui,you can take it with as many grains of salt as you wish.

I don't see why some folks are getting in an uproar about this whole Marqui thing. It's like those who believe you aren't pure if you aren't all open source. I wonder if these folks realize that they are helping to drive Marqui's awareness by their whining about the paying bloggers plan? Everyone is biased. All you can do is disclose your interests and motivations.

Of course, now I am blogging about Marqui and not getting paid for it. Where's the love?

2 Comments:

Blogger Guy said...

I think I can understand what the outcry is about. Have you read this expanation of Marqui's business plan, from their CEO (honestly now) Stephen King!?

http://www.marqui.com/Paybloggers/Blogosphere_Program_Debuts.aspx

If that's not the most terrifying piece of fiction I've ever read, I must be blocking its trump from recall.

I anticipate Marqui's swift and ignominious demise. Those poor investors. As is said, a fool and their money are soon parted.

Well, bully for Liz anyway. She gets a little mana from heaven for a few months ...

9:12 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Well, yes, they may be fibbing. And if they are, it will all be clear later. And they'll look like dirt, and no one will use their product. Which is your point, I guess. Let's see what happens after three months.

I have difficulty believing anyone is going to falsely pump up Marquis so that they can continue receiving $800 a month. You'd lose all credibility. Money for blogging would be nice, but mostly the benefits are intrinsic. And in the long run, those intrinsic benefits (your online reputation) could pay off handsomely in your career opportunities.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home