Tuesday, August 17, 2004

RSS to speech and vice versa

I stumbled across this little gem as a result of the joys of hypertext. Chad Dickerson mentioned Kevin Railsback in one of his blog posts, so I clicked on that link, liked what I read, and subscribed. Eventually, I got around to clicking his feed in Bloglines, and found this item. The delight in discovering the unexpected is what makes the web and RSS so addictive. Serendipity is good.

Anything that extends the reach of these technologies in a simple way is good, because it drives adoption. If you have a long commute, this might be a really helpful way to scan your backlog of feeds. I'm not sure how you simplify going back and following up on relevant links in the items that got your interest though.

I also really like the speech to text idea. Audioblogging is okay, but it would be nice to be able to simply post the transcript, for search if nothing else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home